Workaround for Design Library thumbnail view

If your thumbail image doesn’t reflect the design as you would like, there are a couple of ways to change it to something more useful.

Make a copy in the workspace, make it HUGE, then move it just outside the printable area. My passthrough slot hold-down pins are down on the bed, but I put a couple of massive copies above the printable area, and the thumbnail shows those nicely:

Another is to take the same idea, but use text as big label:

You could use any image, import and scale up, to represent your design - like an assembled picture.

Hope this helps!

16 Likes

Brilliant!

3 Likes

Very good tip! A bunch of my designs barely show at all.

3 Likes

Great idea.

3 Likes

dang, that is a good idea

2 Likes

2 Likes

I had a bunch where you could hardly see the icon, but if all i did was open it and then hit “home” the icon would refresh with a better version.

1 Like

I add to many of my designs the text “CUT” - which sits between the colours I use for engrave and the colours I use for cutting. ('cos if you put them in order of increasing Redness they come out in that order on the UI - I’ll do a post one day)

1 Like

My question is; how do they not add an option for a thumbnail picture? I would love to add a photo of my completed design as the thumbnail.

4 Likes

You should send support a note on this - they don’t monitor these forums.

1 Like

It used to sort of work that way, whatever the last image you uploaded would turn into the thumbnail, so you could upload a jpg of your final design…but that went away easily 3+ years ago. In it’s place we got the abilities update the thumbnail so it shows the current art in there (and sorting, and a few other things).

2 Likes