Working with LEDs

Just ordered led light strips to make some lightboxes that I will post next week but in the meantime I picked up several dollarstore nightlights and had some fun…made this for my son…
These will go on the list of custom on the spot items I plan to sell at craft and trade shows once my portable Glowforge comes in.

13 Likes

On the livestream, Dan liked to take the acrylic art people made and cast a shadow by shining perpendicular to it.

This same concept could work as a second variety of night light. Have an opaque half cone, with an acrylic part slanted against the wall. Light shines through acrylic with art and on to the wall for a larger image (bonus points if you reverse-perspective shift the artwork prior to cutting so the art looks non-distorted on a flat wall)

3 Likes

Thats an interesting idea…would need a brighter led I think but I’ll look into this…
Thanks😀

Very cool idea!

1 Like

Hint:
There ist fluerescending acryl and special material for that. I didn’t ordered some, because I still wait until the glowforge will arrive… :wink:
I also have some ideas for the LED-stand.

You’ll find some great work and ideas on amazon:

5 Likes

They used plain old clear on that design on Amazon…with a blue/white LED. The night light above was cut on clear and I used a blue LED
There IS florescent acrylics though…heres a sample of an ornament using the green/yellow. And an acrylic box using the red/pink. It grabs the light and makes the edges glow in daylight without an LED…

5 Likes

Nice result with the fluorescenting acryl and my asia-laser. This is a sign vor the holiday-bungalow of a friend of mine. Looking forward to get feedback if it illuminates without LEDs on night, just by the light of the street lamps…

7 Likes

Love the flouro colors…green and pink look best.

1 Like