Workshops/Workspaces

stickers !!! you better not take those down

1 Like

Itā€™s been a while.
Come on, we need you to share.:grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™ve always done my best work with a deadline. School homework was always the night before it was due. This has continued through life. Having entered the fourth quarter of the game of life, things do seem a bit more urgent but simultaneously less urgent depending on what it is.

6 Likes

No, standard heat pump. Iā€™m not sure what it would take to switch over but I went for a straight replacement. At least the new unit should be more efficient than the old. I donā€™t expect it would be that difficult to run water up there but not sure about the air handling. Also, I would need to figure out heating if I had gone with an evap system. (Not that it get too bad here but it can drop to freezing.)

There is a swamp cooler on the attached garage that I havenā€™t looked at it yet. Right now that garage is just storage from the move. I need to get that taken care of so I can start parking inside. :wink:

Since my A/C was out for about a month and I didnā€™t expect to be able to fix it for another couple of months I picked up two window units to get through the worst of it. The plan was that I can use them for the garages after the main unit was repaired. The detached garage is roughly 600 sq feet and one unit is rated at 550 so it should be OK for that space. Should make for a nice workshop.

1 Like

The stickers will live on :slight_smile: It just wouldnā€™t be a workshop without stickers.

@bridget I spent most of the past week working on the new shop, sorry no pictures as most of the work was really boring. Added a couple new electrical circuits, one in preparation for heat and AC which is being added today and tomorrow. Adding heat and AC also required insulation updates. This should complete the structural changes and I can begin to focus on equipment and projects.

I did make one small item to help drive the moles away.

8 Likes

We moved, so the studio I built is now someone elseā€™s and they have likely covered my 4" exhaust with a picture.

Hereā€™s the actual spot. It needs more light and some shelves and a pegboard for tools and bins for glues. But the mess reflects the latest projects, both laser-made and whatever computer systems he is rebuilding.

We got a 3x5 steel desk from a local university surplus and salvage. $12 isnā€™t bad for a rock with drawers. Good height, good area. I like it. Then an old oak library table for project layout.
I highly recommend project layout space.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s spot on and something I always fail to do :slight_smile:

Projects tend to spread out to fill the space available though. But you need more than just GF sized space to do assembly, painting, drying, etc. after the cool lasering part is done.

It drives my wife nuts when I start bringing projects from the basement to the dining room table. :smile:

3 Likes

iā€™ve hardly used my drafting table since college, so iā€™m thankful that it should get lots of workout once the GF gets here. And itā€™s right next to the end of the ikea desk that i plan on as the GFā€™s location.

3 Likes

Now thatā€™s a workspace I can relate to. Lots of interesting things going on. Layout table important for assembly and for glamor shots of the finished projects.

3 Likes

Moving, ugh! I have moved 2 times in 40 years.

When I built that slide out shelf for the laser, it occurred to me that for no more than 2 inches of space, I could have more glide-out surface area under the bench surfaces. Quick solution to add work space to a limited area.

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t yours a pool table before the 'forge? :slight_smile:

2 Likes