World Maker Faire, Grant, and Pro Email

Wow! What an adventure!
You are going to have a great time with the glowforge. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

There are a few of us Corel users here so don’t be afraid to post a question. @smcgathyfay is the leading expert using it with lasers due to her business. The rest of us are in varying stages of Corel for lasers use :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Fantastic and congratulations! I’m sure you’ll have a blast! :grinning::tada::balloon::dizzy::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Congrats on a great week! That’s fantastic!

Don’t forget about the credit to the Inventables store for more materials. They have tons of acrylic and other things there.

3 Likes

Congratulations. That’s some wonderful work you do.

3 Likes

Great news. The good thing is that the laser is the easy part.

2 Likes

Congrats! I love your work, I can only imagine how much time the :glowforge: will save in cutting, plus all the coll extra stuff you will be able to do!

I’ll be seeing you at the Faire! I got in too and the grant!

5 Likes

At this time, there are only a few basic designs in the design catalog and they appear in your design space in the GFUI. Nothing yet to purchase.

Congrats! You are a perfect candidate for World Maker Faire. Glad they are working this out for you,

4 Likes

Congratulations on a wonderful week!

I enjoyed reading about the process also.

3 Likes

Some major excitement! Congratulations on the Pro and the grant. Your projects are great! Enjoy the ride!

That is awesome. I hope you have a great time there.

One monkey wrench occurred to me: It sounds like they are not yet shipping the Pro rails for covering the pass through slots. Without those I don’t think you can run the pro in a public space.

Perhaps Glowforge can supply you with prototypes???

1 Like

I loved the TEDx talk!

Wow, what a fantastic week! Congrats on the acceptance/grant/Pro notice! :tada::tada::tada:

For Bay Area Maker Faire Glowforge shipped loaner units to site for the owners who had booths. I doubt glowforge will be asking anyone who receives their grant to NYC Maker Faire to ship their own unit there and back. So I suspect anyone with a grant will have a loaner basic waiting for them. That she’ll have a chance to practice with her own unit in preparation will be great.

3 Likes

Congratulations! I think the fun and wonder are just beginning!

1 Like

Man, that is exciting! I’m sure it may all seem a little overwhelming right now, but just remember to have fun with it! :wink: Oh, and, YOUR GETTING YOUR GLOWFORGE! :balloon::confetti_ball::champagne::tada:

3 Likes

From the post about the Maker Faire Grants:

Sounds like those who receive their personal Glowforge would be expected to bring it along to the Faire. Although I’d assume the nice folks at Glowforge would loan you a basic if you couldn’t reasonably get your personal Glowforge to the Faire.

Actually, rereading that, it sounds like you’d be responsible for getting the loaner to the Faire as well… so I’d expect you’d need to transport your personal Glowforge after all.

Possibly. As they don’t explicitly state who will be shipping what where; it could just be a loaner to practice on; that they’ll call tag back to Glowforge HQ later and then pallet up a bunch and freight ship them to the Faire.

I believe @Bailey is going to plan to have 'forges there for all grant recipients - she’ll email you for sure with the final plans.

8 Likes