World’s tiniest earrings

Ok, so at about 4mm they’re not record breaking, but I couldn’t find earring findings with trays any smaller. Cedar ply with an MDF core, engraved with cuneiform signs (the star sign translates as “god/ess”, the other one is “mother”).
Earring cards also made on the GF! Having lots of fun designing packaging to eat into my stache of Amazon boxes…coughpandemicshoppingcough

Edit: just realized there are three designs here, not two! The one that starts with a triangle shape can mean several things, including “queen” and “sister”.

47 Likes

Nice earrings, and a very compelling presentation.

6 Likes

Thank you!
They’re (obviously) not terribly impressive, technically speaking, but I think they’re pretty.

Lovely designs, the meaning behind them is special.

5 Likes

Very nice

3 Likes

Love the wordplay!

4 Likes

They are pretty. The engraving really pops.

5 Likes

To me there has always been something particularly artistic about the geometry of cuniform.

7 Likes

Super fun!

2 Likes

Terrific work! Great theme, too! The cuniform will certainly be a conversation starter for those who get that close to the wearer’s ears to see them! “What nice lobes you have - oooh is that the cuniform symbol for sister? - Nice!”

5 Likes

Very impressive.

Keep creating

3 Likes

These look really nice!

1 Like

It is beautiful, isn’t it? I want to try and find a way to use it to make pictures as is done with Arabic calligraphy, but because it’s so linear I think I might struggle!

3 Likes

:rofl: I’m expecting them to eventually show up at a few Assyriological conferences.

4 Likes

I see a challenge… Thanks

1 Like

I have lots of center holes from Mandalas…who knew I could’ve been using them all along?

6 Likes

Wow! There is something for everyone in this word! Just out of curiosity - what happens at such a conference?

1 Like

Great way to use up scraps as well!

Regarding the earring backs, have you tried Rio Grande? They have glue on stainless earring backs going down in size all the way to 1.5mm. They also have sterling silver and gold ones.

https://www.riogrande.com/product/Stainless-Steel-Ear-Post-with-15mm-Pad/631020

3 Likes

Primarily presenting/watching others present research, and attending workshops. Also drinking much coffee and catching up with friends!

2 Likes

!! I hadn’t thought of Rio Grande, thank you! I haven’t used them in years.

The design was definitely born from my desire to get rid of some scrap :grin:

1 Like