Worm hole

Wormhole. Miror plus 1 way mirror plus led panels

39 Likes

Groovy.

1 Like

Cool. Can you post a pic showing the side (just to get an idea of the depth)?

Glasses and can for scale. About 4 inches thick.
The width of one of those 8 x 32 led flexible panels.

15 Likes

Whoa! Sweeeeet! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Brain boggling…

1 Like

Thx… two panels? Pixelblaze?

… I just happen to have…

2 of these
1 of these
1 of these

This makes for a quick build. Other led drivers would work as well.

Note: a supply with5v and 5 to 10 amps of output current may been needed for setup. The off-the -shelf brain here has a design flaw where it goes to full brightness during setup. Setup is where you tell the brain how many leds to light. This smallish supply cannot handle full bright with all the LEDS and the voltage dips, causing lockup and thus one never gets them all on. Once setup, it works fine with the lower power supply as long as brightness is not cranked

5 Likes

Yup… have all that as well. (The panels are $25 for two shipped from China, but I’m sure you know. Took two weeks for me.)

yep cheap panels abound, i link to these because they have better descriptions

i used 3 of these rings as an internal support for the leds. This is a hair too big on the ID but it is close. the rest is just a box
wormhole rev 2 rings only

5 Likes

Great effect there! Thanks for sharing that. :sunglasses:

A lot nicer looking than the ones in the “spalted” wood!

Nicely done!

Looks like time travel if you go through it lol

I am mesmerized.

2 Likes

Brain itchy!

2 Likes

So a regular mirror is just a mirror. What is the difference between a 1 way mirror and a 2 way mirror? I noted that the magic mirror build had a one way mirror. Then other discussion talks about a two way mirror.

3 Likes

i think the terminology is vague. both “one way” and “two way” are used to describe the sort of mirror one can see through and not be seen through under the correct lighting conditions.

4 Likes