Woven Paracord and Acrylic Coaster

Created this a while ago and been meaning to upload the design.

Simple coasters with Acrylic and Paracord I had lying around. Just follow the diagram when weaving. The verticals should be threaded loosely through the acrylic. They will tighten up once the horizontals are woven. When you get back to the beginning, cut the paracord so the corner pieces overlap about a 1/4" and burn with a lighter or match and fuse them together. The paracord bumps on the bottom raise the coaster off furniture and keep it from scratching furniture. Just rinse them off and let them dry when they get dirty. I used black paracord but there are tons of colors and patterns available! Enjoy!!
IMG_9997|375x500

ParaWovenCoaster
CoastersCutout.svg.zip (1.2 KB)

32 Likes

Sweeet! (It’s like those potholder looms at camp.)

8 Likes

HAHA!

That is what my inspiration was! That’s hilarious! :laughing:

8 Likes

That’s really a good design.I can tell you’re having fun with that new tool/toy!
Welcome to the forum. The collective here grows stronger with every member, thanks for joining us! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I have had mine for about 2 months and have saved a ton of money on going out and drinking. Unfortunately, I have spent it on materials. LOL

I have more designs to post but don’t want to overwhelm the collective today. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hehe, unfortunately having a slave robot has freed my hands and allowed me to spend more time at my bar (the laser is in the next room). Big change from old school when if you put the tool down stuff stopped happening.

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Nice. You don’t see too many mixed material projects here. I like it.

6 Likes

Thanks!

I using materials I have laying around.

2 Likes

Brilliant

3 Likes

That’s exactly where I went! Thanks for the design @designvh619

5 Likes

Thanks for this. I look forward to those other designs you mentioned.

5 Likes

The fortune teller told me I would spend much of my life behind bars and she was correct, the next week I got a job as a bartender!

8 Likes

And another freebie from you! Thanks! It’s clear that you are an artist— the beautifully illustrated assembly diagram gives you away.

4 Likes

This is great, about how much cord does it use? I already have many colors that I use to make lanyards and bracelets.

4 Likes

thanks! It takes a little over 2 yards for each.

1 Like

Wow, nice illustration! Thank you for the design!

3 Likes