"Wurst" Hot Dog Eating Contest Trophy Ever!

We have a cookout on Friday at work for my department, and the group wants to have a hot dog eating contest. So naturally, had to come up with some type of trophy. I found a hot dog tree topper from thingiverse that I 3D printed, and the bottom is a combination of proof grade Walnut and acrylic, separated by a some standoffs.

42 Likes

Ha! I love to see 3d printing and laser come together. Nice use of the standoffs.

2 Likes

By far one of the best trophies!

1 Like

Cool trophy! I’d love to win one without having to eat all those hot dogs.

1 Like

Very professional looking trophy.:blush:

1 Like

:thinking:

3 Likes

Now I need to tell my wife I need a 3D printer! !!!

2 Likes

I’m up to 9 printers now. My wife just shakes her head at me; especially since they’ve been mostly sitting dormant the last few months.

4 Likes

The hotdog is amazing! was that 3d printed in color? I got a color 3d printer but still figuring how to put it together.

1 Like

All 3d printers or does the Glowforge and paper printer count as well? still Wow!

1 Like

And nice job on the trophy @pubultrastar!

1 Like

Well, if I include the others, it’s:

(9) 3d printers
(1) GF
(1) Larger format inkjet for photos
(2) color laser jets
(3) CNC machines, (17) guitars and (1) electronic drum set—not printers, but included for completeness of the wife shaking head causes

7 Likes

The bun is wood PLA and the weiner is maroon PLA.

3 Likes

That’s a lot of toys. But, I have the same thing, only for photography gear,

2 Likes

Ah, I forgot the photography gear. What was I thinking?

But, she did make me get rid of the motorcycle when we moved.

3 Likes

In that case it’s completely reasonable. You need to fill out that empty space in your heart. :wink:

1 Like

We crowned a champion today. Had 6 participants in the contest. Winner downed 6.75 dogs in 10 minutes. 3 others ate a respectable 6. Makes you marvel at Joey Chestnut for eating 72 at the Nathan’s contest. The trophy was very popular.

4 Likes

This is an incredibly wonderful trophy - sounds like the winner deserves it. I imagine the creator of the hot dog tree topper would find this an amusing application too!

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! Way too cute! Fun! Fun! Fun!

1 Like

That is really great–nice use of tech/materials and fantastic finished look!

just one suggestion: instead of “Champion” shouldn’t it say '“Wiener”?

6 Likes