X Y position at startup @ lower right corner

Does the glowforge Position at the lower right corner when taking a shot with the camera as home instead of in the center ? Seems foolish to be able to insert a 12x20 piece of material only to be able to use the bottom right portion. My camera view is of the crumb tray in the corner not the center of the tray.

The camera “sees” almost the entire bed area. Can you share a screenshot of your camera view of the corner rather than the center? Using the zoom and scroll functions, you can view any section of the bed.

3 Likes

No. The bed image is taken while the head is in the upper left position, so that the camera (mounted in the center of the lid) can see the entire bed.

The head then moves to the center, with the GF logo directly under camera, to set the “center” position, before returning to the upper left “home” position.

The head does not travel to the lower right during this process, only when printing. If yours does, you have an issue that support will need to look at (this thread opened a support ticket, so they will respond here.)

2 Likes

Also make sure you have the full bed in view–it’s easy to click on the “hand” icon and that moves the image around the screen and forget to reset. Also make sure you’re at 100%. You’ll see the ruler bars (upper & left sides) move as you move the image area around–I like mine set at 0,0, which is just the white shows–as you move the bed right or down, you’ll see the bars grey, or negative… Anyway, hope that helps!

1 Like

Your Glowforge bed can accommodate materials measuring 18 x 20.4”. Your Glowforge has a maximum printable area of approximately 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide, and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can take space for the laser to decelerate.

This means not all of the bed is displayed, or available to be printed on, so there will always be about an inch of space on the left. This material can be reused as scrap later for small pieces. For example, a lot of customers use small pieces of scrap to print these pins available in the free laser design section: Honeycomb bed holdown pins

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.