YACB (Yet Another Catan Board)

Wood for sheep!

4 Likes

Oh yes, do the Amber cards–that would be so cool!

I don’t play the Catan game but I have to say your board and layout with the well thought out upgrades is awesome!

2 Likes

Amazing. Absolutely beautiful. Love your desert selection, what a great idea! Really nice work.

1 Like

Epic! Beyond awesome. You went to town on the whole setup. While I love my set I’m a little jelly of yours. Well done! I agree on Padauk. I’m just waiting on some magnets for a dice vault I’m making out of it.

1 Like

Among the nicest boards I have seen! Very well done!

1 Like

This is amazing!!! :+1::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Totally amazing! I have been intrigued since seeing this two years ago before ordering our Pro.

Not sure what the game is like, but, growing up we were a games family. Hard to not want to give it a go! With all the gorgeous woods, of course!

3 Likes

Of course you are… right back to the :glowforge:!

1 Like

You probably won’t be surprised, but I highly recommend Catan. My family has never been big into board games (we’re definitely a video-gaming bunch), but we make an exception for Catan. The #1 complaint I’ve seen about the game is that the game board (made out of cardboard) eventually warps, which is one of the reasons why you see so many lasercut or 3d-printed custom boards. If you’re on Pinterest, just do a search for Catan to see a bunch of examples.

2 Likes

I’m tempted, believe me. Most of what I’ve found has looked very cartoonish. I’ll keep digging, though.

That sounds like an excellent idea! I’ve thought about making a dice tower for Catan…because, you know, why stop now? :grinning:

1 Like

Ok … Catan is now a must! Thank you for the recommendation!

1 Like

I have a paperback somewhere that goes into each card in detail–have to dig that up…

1 Like

At some point, Glowforge has a license deal with the Catan folks to produce our own version, just isn’t released yet.

2 Likes

That. Catan. Board. Looks. Fantastic!

1 Like

The desert tile is a work of art. I liked the others, but that one is shocking.

2 Likes

Glad to see this come full circle! Your board looks magical :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At some point, Glowforge has a license deal with the Catan folks to produce our own version, just isn’t released yet.

So does that mean the GF is going to do something beyond the PDF at https://glowforge.com/laser-cut-catan-board ? Awesome!

2 Likes

I honestly had missed that. It’s not in the catalog of designs.

They have written agreement with the Catan folks that the Glowforge’s own IP isn’t infringing. The license mentioned in the following post is from Glowforge to you.

That post also mentions an agreement with the Catan copyright holders and came after the December update, so perhaps that understanding is the same one referred to here:

Maybe. It has been hinted at several times, including the December update “try” and the following:

2 Likes