Yarn Basket

So my significant other is a big time knitter so I’ve been wanting to come up with the ultimate project box for her passion so low and behold, the yarn basket!

I’ve got decent 3D CAD skills but my digital graphic drawing skills have been abysmal so I’ve been practicing with Procreate (iPad app) and then used inkscape’s trace bitmap feature to convert my own art to vector for a change. Maybe the cats won’t be in a museum, but they’re a point of pride for my ever deepening laser journey.

If you wanted to make your own, my etsy stuff is here

Thanks for looking!

54 Likes

Great attention to detail!

7 Likes

The tail! I just love how you incorporated it into the thread feeder design.

6 Likes

Very nice, the cats are whimsical, the design is solid, and the colors are appealing.

7 Likes

Thank you! That pretty much inspired the whole design :cat:

1 Like

What a cute and personalized design. Like the extra space for small needles.

5 Likes

I rather like your cats.

4 Likes

This is adorable!

4 Likes

The sliding handle is a nice touch.

4 Likes

“Time to unwind” I love it! Well done. Great design.

3 Likes

Lovely and useful basket! I just feel sorry for the kitty who’s upside down all the time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The upside-down kitty grabs my attention right away. I once asked a professional photographer, what makes a good picture and he told me it was a picture that you wanted to take time to actually look at it. Your kitty does that to me.

7 Likes

fun!!!

2 Likes

Oh how cute! I’m a knitter and I so appreciate your creativity while incorporating the tail of the Kitty in the yarn feed section! Great Job! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Pro tip: download Vectornator on your iPad, you can draw as a vector straight off and save as an svg

7 Likes

That’s awesome, and those cats turned out really cute!

4 Likes

This is so adorable. I was just looking at yarn baskets at JoAnn’s. I thought they were very clever. Yours adds such a whimsical touch.

Growing up we used a bowl.

8 Likes

That’s lovely! I love the moveable handle :heavy_heart_exclamation: The separate area for needles or instructions is also great!!

7 Likes