Yarn Box

I love when a new design comes out perfect the first time.

I used to crochet and knit all the time. My mom and grandma still crochet all the time, so I decided to create this cute yarn holder box for possible Christmas presents for them. I put it up in my Etsy shop and am offering personalization and different designs that can be engraved.

Next, I think I will make some different sizes and maybe some that have multiple compartments. I am also thinking of making the swirl cut a bit thinner.

53 Likes

Great idea! It will make a great gift for sure! A knitter’s companion!

6 Likes

Such a clever design! Best of luck with them.

5 Likes

Looks great! I had bought my daughter one a couple of years ago and she loves it!

4 Likes

Came out great for what it does.
Thinner would make the swirl weaker though, so why thinner? Or do you mean the hole width thinner?

3 Likes

So smart!

3 Likes

Yes, I mean the width thinner, so the actual part cut would be thinner.

3 Likes

I love this!!! It would be cool if they were stackable for multi colored knitting or crochet.

4 Likes

Nice! I may make one for my wife’s crochet yarn maybe out of acrylic.

1 Like

I was actually thinking about that as well as maybe a double width with a divider and handle.

3 Likes

Very cool - are you selling the file on etsy or just the finished project? Would love the file - as I am an avid knitter.

There is an etsy link in the original posters profile. Click their avatar or name and you will see the link to their store. If there are no files in the etsy store, perhaps you could contact the seller via etsy.

Forum rules do not allow users to ask for files.

1 Like

I don’t sell my designs, mostly because I use plywood that is not the usual thickness. This one was made with 0.20" birch plywood. It is pretty easy to make though. Create an open box with your specific dimensions and wood thickness (Laser Cut Box Maker) Then add the design for the yarn cutout. I have included the SVG for the cutout part. This can be resized as needed.

twirl Design

9 Likes

I am new and didn’t know it was against the rules. Thank you for letting me know.

1 Like

That’s very kind of you!

Oh splendid - useful and beautiful and so much time saved that would have been devoted to untangling yarn…

2 Likes