Yeah, a horrible warning is just as effective as a positive example

Yeah, a horrible warning is just as effective as a positive example.

5 Likes

After he lost three fingers, he wrapped his hand in a towel and sat down for a Thanksgiving dinner with the rest of the family. No one knew until they noticed it seemed strange he was eating with one hand, then they saw the bloody towel.

After dinner he went to the local doctor for stitches. He was the silent, tough type.

9 Likes

That’s beyond tough.

3 Likes

The kida guy you would rather have as a friend than an adversary.

4 Likes

And he was this quiet, petite man who liked to keep bees and could make anything out of wood, metal or concrete. I think I got my Maker gene from him.

He made me my first long bow when I was about 10, told me it wasn’t a toy and proceeded to shoot an arrow thru a Sear’s catalog with it, then handed it to me. It made an impression. My favorite project of his was a boat he made out of 55 gallon barrels. Used to spend hours and hours rowing around an old marl pit, perfectly clear water, looking at the huge fish below.

The Good Old Days, fun times.

8 Likes

I notice I can foresee a danger to my Granddaughter better than I recognize it for myself, and I have the scars to prove it.

5 Likes

Good decisions come from great wisdom… great wisdom comes from bad decisions.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 32 days. New replies are no longer allowed.