Yet Another Apple Watch Band

Very Nice!

2 Likes

Looks great!

2 Likes

wow, love the contrast on that!

2 Likes

Nice job! And it’s nice to know you can always whip up a replacement whenever this one wears out.

2 Likes

Nice looking. I have the fittings but haven’t created a design yet. Long list of things to do.

2 Likes

The bands shared here are pretty cool! Please post all the GF-made watch bands. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If you have a butterfly clasp, then I can post my file. Not much use if you don’t. Since I did not leave a hole for a prong.

1 Like

No worries. I want to design my own. I have a standard clasp. Thanks though.

Nice looking band.

1 Like

It was a little snug, so I made another one.

19 Likes

Oooh! Like the red! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I like the red, too! Nice!

This is something I’ve been excited to do, make my own watch bands. Yours looks FANTASTIC! Thanks for sharing.

So after a few weeks with my new band I noticed that I made it the same width and that left a gap on either side of the watch lugs. It would make my eye twitch every time I looked at the time. So I fixed it. Just made it wider and tapered. Same basic design and just switched the hardware. Used a different color thread too.

9 Likes

Hard to tell in the photo, but the thread is brown.

This watch band and the others you shared in the comments look amazing! Love the contrast between the dark leather and bright threads. Great designs :smile:. It also looks like you’ve figured out how to clean/prep the leather to remove the soot leftover from the laser cutting. I haven’t found a good process yet :frowning:

2 Likes

I am not sure what I am doing. :slight_smile: At lot of googling and stuff from the kitchen… Vinegar, steel wool, beeswax and olive oil.

I got lucky the first time and just did the same thing I did before. :man_shrugging:

Haha, that’s a fantastic way of putting it. I’ve done the same and just haven’t found the right process for me just yet :slight_smile:. Awesome work!

1 Like

So I have been wearing my watch a lot more and starting to walk in the evening. (Got to close those rings).

I have found out that the combination of wearing my watchband too tight and the heat and sweat is not good for leather.

So this weekend I will be making a larger band that will fit looser.

2 Likes

New version in this thread…

1 Like