Full power? Proofgrade?

How can I tell if I am getting full power? I just tried to cut my first piece of proofgrade leather and it did not cut all the way through. Maybe the machine lens need cleaning or the mirror? How can I tell before I waste more material?

Is there some sort of diagnostic? I had problems with other material cutting through, but I chalked it up to being non-proofgrade.

Only quick diagnostic I could think of would be to create two lines. Set both to Proofgrade. Change to manual. Put one to Full power and the other to 100.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. I’m sorry that your print didn’t come out beautifully!

To cut successfully, there are three important things to check. First, your material must lie flat. This requires a clean, properly installed crumb tray and flat materials. Second, there must be no obstructions, dirt, or damage preventing the laser light from reaching your material. Third, your design must be set up properly - for example, with lines that are fully on the material and that are set to cut. It’s hard to know which issue might be affecting your print, but if you follow the instructions in the cut-through troubleshooter, we’ll be able to get to the bottom of it.

Once you’ve inspected and cleaned, please try another print. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Please print the Gift of Good Measure on that Proofgrade Draftboard and let me know the result. If it doesn’t print well, please let me know the date and time of your print and send photos of the front and back of the print.

I cleaned the lens and the mirror and everything prints fine now. I was just wondering it there was some sort of indicator to determine if it needed to be cleaned before every print. I under stand that every material and design with create a different amount of “laser dust”. I was hoping that made the camera getting blurry or something could provide an alert to clean.

I’m glad it’s working, and that’s a great suggestion – I’ll pass it to the team.

1 Like