Yet another engraved bamboo cutting board

Our baby sitter alerted us yesterday that she needs to leave by 8:30 tonight to go home and celebrate her Mom’s birthday with her. Her mom is a nurse in an infant intensive care unit, and has raised two wonderful daughters on the side.

So Glowforge THOR decided to create a special gift from a dollar store 1/2" thick bamboo cutting board I have on hand for such last minute gifts. 300 speed/22 power/ 225 LPI

46 Likes

Dollar store cutting board, you say? Do go on…

4 Likes

Actually it was from a local 99 cents store. But they recently raised their prices to 99.99 cents.

13 Likes

Really thoughtful!

2 Likes

Our .99 cent store carries this cutting board & a larger one for the same price of $1.99 I try to load up every time I find these.

3 Likes

I bought 4 of these at $0.99 last fall and when I went back after I received my GF, they were $1.99. Still a good deal.

3 Likes

I like the idea of having the swivel ring that you can hang it by. Best price in town for a cutting board.

2 Likes

Very nice!

After the engrave, how do you treat it so that they can use it with food?

2 Likes

A number have people have posted mixtures using beeswax and other things in varying quantities. A search with seal and beeswax may be helpful.

2 Likes

Mineral oil is a common cutting board treatment as well.

1 Like

I’ve seen these at the 99 Cent Store, but I was afraid to buy them–I was concerned about the glue. Have you had any problems and how is the smell? Thanks

I have had no problems engraving these. No smell that I noticed

You forgot the word “fabulous.” It’s “Yet Another FABULOUS Engraved Bamboo Cutting Board!”

3 Likes

I use Raw+Rare Mineral Oil it is USP Food Grade, Kosher Certified, Enriched With Vitamin E & Non GMO. The nice thing about this Mineral Oil is it is good for Skin Rejuvenation, so you can swim in it.

2 Likes