Yet Another Google Home Mini Holder

As promised here’s an SVG file for a Google Home Mini holder with a single-screw “keyhole” mounting scheme…

home_mini_holder

I made the first one out of PG 1/8" medium draftboard. The ~0.7 mm thinner PG medium clear acrylic version shown above has arms that are definitely not a “press-fit” into the base—but with some liberal use of acrylic glue you can get a strong, stable mount.

It took a few iterations of the “arms” to precisely match the compound curves of the Google device’s profile. Anyone have any suggestions for getting something like that into Inkscape? I started with a photo of the device on edge, but that was way off.

@JeremyNielsen showed us his version, which I like too. I’m not exactly sure how difficult his is to mount? My version makes it easy to clink the Google Home Mini in/out after installing the holder on a wall or ceiling.

Time to print some more! If I told you how many digital voice assistants we have here, you’d all laugh—so I won’t! :sunglasses:

24 Likes

I’d use a contour gauge and trace the profile on to a piece of paper. Scan or photo it into your software. Keep a ruler in the picture if you go the photo route so you can measure that and adjust the whole picture including your contour line to the right size.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Johnson-6-in-Contour-Gauge-2206/100353830?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|D25H|25-4_BUILDERS_HARDWARE|NA|PLA|71700000035978695|58700004046980559|92700036022816695&gclid=Cj0KCQjwn4ncBRCaARIsAFD5-gXNwrgoOMv_JSpx8zUFEW8OqLDuLNzsKdzF7YPrr6vWhBFu68LnIzgaAlw9EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJfCuPvWi90CFQUFgQodIQMLhg

4 Likes

First glance at the post convinced me you had produced the first stove top egg holder !

John :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for the file

1 Like

Looks great! Thank you for again offering your file … I’m sure there are more than a few people that will make use of it. Great work!

1 Like