Yet another (word) clock

Another clock! (I am a one-trick pony when it comes to using my Glowforge…). I lasered this using a 2-tone acrylic (from Trotec I think), black/clear. It works very well. However, I’m on the lookout for similar 1/4 inch acrylic with a pre-painted/colored side… anyone know of a good supply of that in maybe different colors? I can use mirrored acrylic too, but I’m looking for matte colors if possible.

Cheers,

Nick

25 Likes

Especially if you want something other than the color combos made by JDS/Trotec/Rowmark, Smokey Hill Designs is probably gonna be the answer to that. They print designs on wood, acrylic and several other substrates in-house.

They have several hundred thousand pre-made combinations offered on their site, and can also do custom sheets – your choice of pantone color, RGB hex code, or provide your own artwork, printed on any of the materials they carry, including clear acrylic in 4 different thicknesses. Anything can be printed one-sided (like black on clear) or two-sided (clear acrylic with black printed on both sides).

They do have a up to 10 business day lead time on these products depending on how busy they are. I’m guessing it’s UV printed, but it’s a pretty thick color layer and the quality is generally good. It is a little more fragile than traditional 2-tone acrylic where the color layer is also acrylic.

12 Likes

Thanks Dan! I will check them out…

Cheers,

Nick

7 Likes