You say Waffle House. I say Alternative Nativity

Someone on my Santa list has developed an itch for n-gauge trains so I decided to make a few buildings for them. I originally made a small freight depot. The first draft is on the left and the final is on the right.

Then I got the idea to make something a little more unique: A Waffle House. I made the n-gauge one and I liked it so much I built a larger version to go under the Christmas tree.

Catzilla is trying to decide if they are worth raining down destruction or if a nap is a better option.

62 Likes

Nice structures, but I love that cat!

10 Likes

I know, so lifelike! What settings did you use when you made him?

14 Likes

I hit the in-biggen button one too many times with him. His default settings are proofgrade lazy:

29 Likes

Love the Waffle houses! You might now that they came out of Georgia. Even in my little town, there are 7 within a 15-minute drive :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

I’ve been tempted with some of their Christmas merch, but this takes the… waffle!

And your potato truck is adorable and cuddly too :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

9 Likes

Both the depot and Waffle House turned out great!

9 Likes

Cat really lives up to it’s monicker

6 Likes

Iconic. Nice.

4 Likes

Lol

5 Likes

Those look great! That’s a ‘big’ cat :astonished:

7 Likes

They will love these! What a fun addition to their setup!

2 Likes

Those are fab! I do like that you inset the doors on the final of your freight depot! The mirrored windows on Waffle House are the perfect detail. It’s clearly a new WH, because there are no cracks or peeling things on the mirrored windows :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Awwww, those ginger boys always seem to be real cuddles.

Love the tiny buildings! That larger Waffle House could be a pedestal for Catzilla.

5 Likes

As a former Waffle House waitress, I approve this project!!

4 Likes

Dang those look good. Where’s the banana?

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of WH. On long motorcycle rides down south I know they’ll be open (or were until Covid). Could always get warmed up and breakfast with hash browns (real ones, none of those “breakfast potatoes” that other diners serve).

My first stop past PA when heading down south is a WH. As soon as that sign shows up on the highway, I know I’m in the south and a buttery, bacony breakfast is in store :laughing:

8 Likes

OOH! I could go for something scattered, smothered and covered! It has been too long! Those Waffle Houses you built are perfect! Those should go straight to the catalogue as real cultural icons.

9 Likes

Catzilla!

4 Likes

Now I want waffles!

4 Likes