You're ALL Invited to Ojai

My first OJAI STUDIO ARTISTS TOUR kicks off in just seven days! If you live nearby, you should come! I’m not even the only artist in the group to use lasers…

This year OSA is trying out a new fundraising idea — each artist received a 12” x 12” panel to do with what they see fit. These SMALL WORKS will be raffled out at our private reception party. Tickets are only $5 and can also be purchased online here. Pieces CAN be shipped.

All proceeds go to benefit our scholarship program for local students who want to study art!

I was delighted to see that the panel was made out 1/8” thick BIRCH PLY which is perfectly compatible with my Glowforge, Laserwolf!!

I love a blank canvas!

I knew that I had to cut into it. I had way too many ideas, but the one I settled on was based on one of my digital illustrations inspired by vintage Phrenology imagery.

You can read about the whole process on my blog.

Talking Head 3: Maths
September 2018
Plywood, Acrylic, Paint, Stainless Steel Powder, Notes from Evariste Galois

This piece will be at the Ojai Art Center ready to be raffled off Saturday night at our gala reception. The reception is for ticket holders only, but it’s well worth the $30 ticket price as you have a very good chance of going home with a very cool piece of art AND you have the opportunity to visit 60+ OSA studios.

I also have for sale at the Art Center, Virgil IV, my favorite of the Virgil series. and I’ll have the second of the Talking Heads series available for purchase at my studio in Meiners Oaks.

You can find me at my studio the whole weekend during the Ojai Studio Artists Tour October 13th and 14th.

28 Likes

What a cool piece! I love the combination of wood and acrylic.

Best of success on your tour!

2 Likes

What cool design. Good luck at the opening!! Please let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

Very thoughtful design!

1 Like