You're disappointed, I have the perfect cheaper substitute for Glowforge

Hi,

My name is Marc. I live in France.

For many of you (american people), It is enough to be consider as part of some alien-judeo-freemasonic kind of conspiracy :wink: but I assure you that I am not a member of GF team. I don’t know this Damn Shapiro. I’m not capable of pointing Seattle on a map and obviously, I barely can’t speak english correctly. So Don’t be suspiscious.

As many of us, I’m devastated by this new delay and I try to find an acceptable way my missing Glowforge . And I found it!.. Very effective, very small in your office, and unbelievably cheaper! I don’t know why I don t have found it before backing on glowforge. But I don’t give you the answer so easely. You have to go below.

You should have your Answer already, but I let you down. Depending on your finger speed on mouse, your answer will arrive between now to 1 or 2 seconds. You deserve better. I am heartbroken to disappoint you.

I realize that this could have a big impact on your heart health, so I’m going to tell you the amazing truth now:

The perfect and cheaper substitute to Glowforge is :slight_smile:

Poetry. Of course.

It can cut as a laser. It’s powerful. It makes your imagination work great again. The same advantages I have seen on GF when I backed it. And, It’s free!!! So Isn’t it a great news?

" I do not love you except because I love you;
I go from loving to not loving you,
From waiting to not waiting for you
My heart moves from cold to fire.

I love you only because it’s you the one I love;
I hate you deeply, and hating you
Bend to you, and the measure of my changing love for you
Is that I do not see you but love you blindly.

Maybe January light will consume
My heart with its cruel
Ray, stealing my key to true calm.

In this part of the story I am the one who
Dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you,
Because I love you, Love, in fire and blood."

Poem by Pablo Neruda

I have mixed feeling about the shiping update, I have mixed feeling about this present post, I have mixed feeling about God and…life. But I hang on and wait for my Glowforge.

And Dan Shapiro, consider you as warned. Don’t mess with the Frenches or we will land on US coast and invade all your country to take our GF machine back from Seattle!!!

Marc

36 Likes

This has got to be the strangest post I have read on this forum

29 Likes

thank you for the compliment.:grin:

11 Likes

I kinda liked it…(I have French antecedents.) Chuckle!

3 Likes

Whereabouts in France do you live?

1 Like

Here I thought that the Rocky Mountain High was affecting the smoke and toke crowd weirdly. :seedling:

5 Likes

“There once was a man from Nantucket…”

That is as far as my poetry goes! :smile:

5 Likes

There once was a man from Nantucket,
who thought his Glowforge was a bucket.
He filled it with slop,
and soon heard a "pop!"
and much to his pain had to chuck it.
which voided his warranty.

22 Likes

Just in front of USA, in Brittany.

1 Like

PFI guy. No. I can assure you that I m totaly clean and healthy.

2 Likes

in the northwest right? Regrettably I didn’t get to visit during my time in France. I went to Université Paul-Valéry 3 in Montpellier for a few months when I was living there.

1 Like

That’s right.

If I wasn’t married already, I would come to France, find you, and smooch you. Neruda is my favorite poet. Here’s a favorite, seasonally appropriate one I memorized last year:

HORSES

From the window I saw the horses.

I was in Berlin, in winter. The light
had no light, the sky had no heaven.

The air was white like wet bread.

And from my window a vacant arena,
bitten by the teeth of winter.

Suddenly driven out by a man,
ten horses surged through the mist.

Like waves of fire, they flared forward
and to my eyes filled the whole world,
empty till then. Perfect, ablaze,
they were like ten gods with pure white hoofs,
with manes like a dream of salt.

Their rumps were worlds and oranges.

Their color was honey, amber, fire.

Their necks were towers
cut from the stone of pride,
and behind their transparent eyes
energy raged, like a prisoner.

There, in silence, at mid-day,
in that dirty, disordered winter,
those intense horses were the blood
the rhythm, the inciting treasure of life.

I looked. I looked and was reborn:
for there, unknowing, was the fountain,
the dance of gold, heaven
and the fire that lives in beauty.

I have forgotten that dark Berlin winter.

I will not forget the light of the horses.

10 Likes

I just like a weird sense of humor. After wading through all of the complaints (and making a few myself) it’s a bit refreshing to find a post like this one and another that compared Dan to Scrooge. The hope of finding one or two more gives me strength to continue.

4 Likes

It’s kind of weird read Neruda in english, even when translation is accurate, it feels different.

2 Likes

Nice post.

I used to live in Guernsey, given a really clear day you could just about not see Brittany at all but you could see the power station at Flamanville, Manche. Frequently took the hydrofoil over to St. Malo just for the day. Even sailed a ketch from Guernsey to Brest one time.

roooohhhhh. You re welcome to France even if you have the bad idea to be married :wink:

2 Likes

That is the way of things. Words are powerful, and different words are powerful in different ways. Even the best translations can’t help but change how a text is experienced; I mean, language informs our entire worldview.

1 Like

bah, out of likes

At least one of us can still like all of these wonderful posts

2 Likes

7 Likes