Zebrawood cube lamp is possible

Well I had all this 3- inch zebrawood and even more Mahogany of many sizes so I had to find a way to cut and engrave it without it becoming ash, Wet works but only for one pass, so I had to proceed by dampening to the extent possible and very evenly, and then sopping up all that would sop. This tended to keep things even and Zebrawood is actually quite hard and so warping was not a problem. It did take many hours and did not quite go all the way through, so there was a lot more work with a scalpel, files, and sandpaper before I could get a good result and still there are issues.

However, I do like the result but will not be repeating this design in Zebrawood.

34 Likes

Beautiful! I am glad you persisted, but I understand why you won’t repeat with this particular material. Thanks for sharing with us.

2 Likes

Nice work. Really like the look of this. Eventually, you may forget how tedious it was, and have another go at it. But, I totally understand!

2 Likes

Very exotic!

2 Likes

Looking good.

2 Likes

Yeah, very cool. I picked up a sheet of zebra wood to play with, just haven’t decided what to do with it yet. (Probably just wind up with a boring box.) :grinning:

2 Likes

Run a test, it is very flammable only Mahogany is worse from my testing

3 Likes

Looks really cool!

1 Like

That’s amazing!

1 Like

the basket-weave effect is wonderfully effective.

3 Likes