Zentangle patterns, tiles and Sharpies

I fell deep into the Zentangle rabbit hole this week, and I have about a dozen patterns I want to do. Be careful, if you start looking at them you will lose countless hours ohhing and ahhing whilst you imagine the things to put them on!

45 Likes

Nice! I really like that giraffe.

2 Likes

A kitchen backsplash springs to mind. How many ways can you employ your imagination?

1 Like

The zoo is your world.

1 Like

WOW! Love a good tile project! The giraffe is fantastic!

1 Like

Now I have to go back to the store and get 4x6" tile, since there are so many full body patterns I want to do! zentangle-rhino

4 Likes

Thanks! My wife picked the color. I had to make her a coaster set of her favorite animals.

1 Like

What’s a zentangle?

An art style that probably got its start in grade school doodling and then became a thing.

aka the mandala of irregular shapes… :slight_smile:

They look great! Zentangles are a lot of fun!

Thank you!

1 Like

Your came out so much better than any I have made. Can you share the setting you used to carve the tile?

I really think it has to do with the original file. High resolution pics are doing wonders for my prints.
However, speed 680, Full Power, Grayscale (vary power) and 340 LPI

1 Like

Finally bought a box of 3x6 tiles. Now I have ideas of snakes or dragons that stretch over multiple ones…

2 Likes

What did you color your tile with and what settings? The details are much better than what I am getting.

Love them

1 Like

For coloring I just use Sharpies. My wife has a big collection of them with about 20 colors.

I use Full Power, 680 Speed, Vary Power at 340 lines per inch.
BUT
The most important thing is a hi-res picture to start with. The higher the resolution, the cleaner and clearer the etch will turn out.

Glowforge requires us to confine discussion of manual settings in their forums to the Beyond the Manual category. The current preferred practice is to either move the entire thread to Beyond the Manual or, to start a new thread there and, link to it from this one.