Zer0 Helmet Build (detailed post)

Amazing. You even got the artwork on the helmet right.

3 Likes

If you can find a kinect and use skanect you might end up saving quite a large chunk of cash. Those things are in pawnshops everywhere.

5 Likes

So if you borrow from some of the DIY daft punk helmet projects, you could get the visor to flash his emotes with LEDs. Big ol red exclamation point and what not.
Very nice sir.

4 Likes

Thank you!

And yeah, that is in the works! Ive been actively hunting transparent OLEDs for about a year and a half as that would be my dream situation. I havent seen anyone that has gotten one, but with the quick advancement towards AR, they will be more and more available in the near future.

A bluetooth controlled LED lit emote system is gonna be so awesome! Hopefully I can get them to the point where they are easy to recreate so I can have it as an addon package. I left room in the model for such addons when I get there.

3 Likes

Thanks man! That was one of the hardest parts. Winsor & Newton markers were my saving grace!

3 Likes

I like Model Cluster because it will store it on the device until you can email it. I found a work around if you want to use the new scanner app but don’t have service (like on an archeological dig). email the OBJ file while on airplane mode and it will save it and send it when you’re in range again.

5 Likes

That’s definitely a plus. I lost a couple of scans to that already. Nice to see someone accounted for it. Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

SHUT…UUUUP!! That is unbelievable! The skills and talents that many of you here posses are amazing…

How is it that many of you don’t work for Hollywood / TV studios?

7 Likes

WOW. :open_mouth::open_mouth::scream::heart::heart:
I’m totally blown away!!!
You should be extremely proud of that helmet. It’s amazing!!

8 Likes

This is extremely well done! Thanks for sharing the details of your process as well, it really shows how much thought you put into it.

6 Likes

Any chance this is C02 laser safe? A bit much, but you get the prize for the best safety gear!

4 Likes

Darn man that looks like a huge amount of work well done

3 Likes

There’s a few builders out there making things with these. Not ideal but a start.

5 Likes

Wow - just Wow… (Wouldn’t it have just been easier to build a spaceship and fly around looking for some advanced civilization that used a helmet like that - then just “borrow” one??) … just wow…:alien:

6 Likes

That was a stunner!

5 Likes

This is simply stunning. Loved seeing that process because it was one I was specifically hoping to user with filling in the foamcore model that came from 123D Make, but wasn’t sure how well it would actually work. The whole thing came out fantastic!

5 Likes

Absolutely incredible work! Looks fantastic!

4 Likes

WOW!! Brilliant.

5 Likes

Wow!! That is fan-freakin’-tastic!! Top rate!! Are you sure you don’t work for a movie studio? Thanks so much for posting!!

3 Likes

Wow! Great work, I particularly enjoyed the vacuum forming of the visor.

2 Likes