1/2 dry erase 1/2 chalkboard setting

I really need help with the settings for half dry erase and half chalkboard. What are they?

1 Like

I haven’t used that, but here’s a great method for determining the best settings for any material:

3 Likes

If you use the search feature, you’ll find settings have been shared here.

There are multiple types/brands of board matching that description, so you’ll want to use those settings as starting points to determine what works for the material you have.

It’s often quicker to just create some simple test shapes and print with a range of settings, similar to the link shared above.

1 Like

Thanks I have tried the search and can’t seem to find the settings. I find people who talk about if it can be cut, but not what settings to use. Is there a key word that you know might help?

Try this…

I have a Pro so the settings for the 40W machines will need to be slowed down. I use 140 speed and full power for my Pro. You will get quite a bit of soot at the edges of the material but it doesn’t really char. Wipes off fairly well. Home Depot and Lowes used to sell separate blackboard or dry erase materials. I used 145/full for those.

3 Likes

Some members have reported having a different barcode on “the same” product from THD and have not been able to cut reliably. That’s why you can’t blindly use others’ settings.

1 Like

Yes, and have seen two different thicknesses of the material. The stuff I have in stock is 0.19" thick.

1 Like

My first cut on this board worked fine with your settings 135 full power… and every board thereafter did not cut… help?

You might need to clean your lenses/windows. Not cutting through is the first sign they’re needing to be cleaned.

1 Like

it is a pretty dirty cut process.

I had the situation of a different upc code from every other reference i saw.

cleaning might help. I had to drop the cut speed too.

1 Like

I bought the Lowes Dry Erase/Blackboard and I can’t cut it without flames.
I’ve tried different settings, I’ve tried the thin layer of dish soap (which actually seemed worse).
All my fans and lenses are clean. I took the air assist apart to clean it… still… flames

1 Like

That material gives off a decent amount of smoke. Is the smoke being forcefully blown toward the front door? Is the flame more than ~1/2" high? Some flame is normal depending on the direction of the cut, but if the smoke isn’t being blown in a stream toward the front door from the cut then your air assist is not performing as it should. The flame should be small and bend in the same direction… A video with your phone might help us tell you whether it is normal or not.

1 Like

I tried these settings after watching your video on youtube and it didn’t cut for me. I’m currently trying to find the best settings, any advice? Oh and by the way I subbed your channel.

I think you have me confused with someone else.

1 Like