13th CLUB GO CHECK YOUR UPS & EMAILS!

On the ups truck :grin:

15 Likes

I would suspect that they may hold off on any more shipments until after they see if the new packaging holds up on the ones they just sent.

4 Likes

For the hopper. We need GPS trackers on these shipments, then productivity could grind to a complete halt.

7 Likes

It’s just my sister… meh… I’m not in that much of a rush. LOL :smiley:

Actually I remember we used MEK in wood shop back in junior high to bond acrylic to make rings.

4 Likes

Maybe. Although if I were in logistics there, I would have shipped a few out to employees (since they live in WA and the units are shipping from CA that would be a valid test) or to other private friendlies like investors or something. That way I’d know if they worked in a less public forum than here (where the shipping/handling issues are going to live forever on the Internet).

2 Likes

I remember Dan saying they had done extensive drop test long ago, so I don’t understand why there is an issue with the packaging. Did the drop tests not cover what UPS can do to it?

1 Like

Completely valid question, but I suspect we’ll never know the answer to it.

1 Like

Yes & No I expect. The drop tests, etc seem to have been sufficient to prevent damage to the unit but not damage to the boxes as all of the damaged boxes we’ve seen reported had no issues with the unit inside. The condition of the box on delivery may not have been material a year ago when they did the testing as it’d only be needed for warranty work or repairs. But then in April when they made the no-tube replacement decision, that now made the condition of the box at the end of the journey as important as the contents inside.

It’s the law of unintended consequences at work :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Time for the UPS Drone Tracking fleet to be launched!!! :flight_departure::artificial_satellite::flying_saucer:

1 Like

Congrats to all you who are getting your shipping e-mails!!!:tada:
Now grab your Glowforge and get the heck out of the way :stuck_out_tongue:
JK, happy for you guys! (…but seriously, hurry up and get yours so we can be next!)

5 Likes

I suspect the drop test is the expected height that a shipper would drop the box, but doesn’t limit what the unit has apparently been subjected to by UPS.

1 Like

I got my tracking number today! I get my very own Glowforge next Thursday!

SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!

28 Likes

Awesome! Congrats! :sparkler::dizzy::boom::tada::confetti_ball::grin:

3 Likes

That’s 4 now right?! Don’t slow down now!

8 Likes

:sunglasses: Who’s next?

1 Like

Man!
You’d think I wouldn’t be as excited as I am by this at this point… BUT I AM EXCITED!!!

6 Likes

AuntieMame!

6 Likes

Oh man, hope you get it today. FWIW, my UPS notice came late in the day yesterday, the GF email came today. Fingers crossed for you!

3 Likes

So. How did they get your shipping address. Or did you recieve that email some time ago?

We need some more pro shipping notices, if no one else wants to, I will volunteer to get mine. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Really does make me happy to see more machines getting shipped out, congratulations to all the happy new Glowforge homes.

8 Likes