2,553 SVG Files

I have 2,553 SVG design files in my Glowforge folder sorted into 642 folders. 99% are my own designs. That is a lot of jobs sent to my Glowforge in 5+ years. Who has this beat?

28 Likes

Wow! It is not I that can beat that number!

12 Likes

Can’t beat that.

11 Likes

That is outstanding! Can’t even enter that playing field…I store almost all of my stuff on my computer.

12 Likes

I have 2261 files in 201 folders. But those aren’t all files sent to my Glowforge; many are different versions I was working before deeming it worthy to be sent. Many of the final versions have been shared here, and a just a few made it into the catalog.

I was actually surprised it was that high, I haven’t been doing this as long as many here.

(Only 386 files and 9 folders of that was my clock… thought that would have been higher)

15 Likes

Not me.

9 Likes

That’s amazing…nowhere close for me!

6 Likes

1,514 here, but many of my designs are not in SVG and I don’t bother saving when/if I convert them for upload to UI. I usually delete one-time designs.

My oldest SVG is from 2011.

8 Likes

2,405 in 321 folders, with 2,195 Files & 301 Folders in my Done folder…but definitely a lot of trials in there that may or may not have ever made it to print.
If you sort anything like I do, I’m guessing that means you’ve done just about double the individual projects that I have!

Oh yeah, this is all on my PC - I only store what I’m actively still printing on the :glowforge:UI

8 Likes

I’ve never bothered to count all the files I have, and I do have quite a lot. But I’d say less than 20 files I have are my own design. I do have them all organized into folders though, and I keep them whether I’ve used them or not. Because who knows when I might just need to make any particular one. :slight_smile: If nothing else, I like going through them all occasionally to see what I’ve got!

8 Likes

Wow!

10 Likes

14,572 Files, 1,601 Folders/sub folders - Damn! never counted them until the subject was brought up here, LOL … I may have an obsession! About 1/2 I’ve used, the rest I have for future design elements or am working on cleaning up for use.

9 Likes

Winner winner chicken dinner. I don’t think anyone’s going to beat that

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Wow, that’s a lot of files! Hope you start posting some of what you make. We love seeing each other’s projects and get inspiration.

5 Likes

Well no wonder you never posted before, too busy making files!

That’s a ton of files annd you’re only a member since 2022. Were you making SVGs for other reasons before you got a Glowforge? As for me, I had a cricut so I have a bunch of svg designs for that which predated my Glowforge.

Also I’d be curious to know what sorts of things you design, got any favorites you could share?

10 Likes

I have only made a couple handfuls, but I have bought a bunch of SVG files. I am trying to organize my files and kind of struggling. Thank goodness for search features. On that note, does anyone have any good tips for organizing your files?

1 Like

Yes, give them clear descriptive names then dump them all in one folder.

All of mine live in one place buried in Documents, except for temporary files for single or test prints, those just go in Downloads.

If I want an SVG I just tell it SVG files, and give it a keyword or two in the “name contains” search.

e.g.:

3 Likes

Not butterfly.final.Final2.svg?

What kind of filling system is that? :rofl:

6 Likes

:rofl: I delete all that and keep the final, although I do have multiple iterations of some designs inside a single file that I can copy/modify until I am happy with the final result…

3 Likes

Exactly this. But I try to make myself feel a little bit better by using decimal point increments in my files like, Polyhedral_Final_V2.1-2. I just keep adding numbers and dashes.

5 Likes