3 hour planned downtime, but you can keep printing! Squished more bugs: 10/15/18 Latest Improvements

https://glowforge.com/latest-improvements/3-hour-planned-downtime-but-you-can-keep-printing-squished-more-bugs

19 Likes

Excellent! Thanks Rita! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up Rita, I feel for the team members who are going to pull that shift. I remember what it felt like to draw the mid-watch in the Navy, midnight to four AM.

5 Likes

It’s 6am EDT. No biggie :wink:

3 Likes

Won’t bother me i’ll be asleep…:sleeping_bed:

3 Likes

It’s worth noting that Chrome v70 will (likely) be released on Tuesday as well. I mention this in the hopes that folks will not automatically conflate Chrome updates with the GF backend updates.

My advice – If Chrome acts weird tomorrow, manually clear your caches, completely shutdown all instances of Chrome on all devices (laptops, tablets, phones, etc) and reboot the whole lot of them, then bring them back up one at a time. If it makes you feel better, shutdown your GF beforehand and bring it up afterward.

Standard disclaimer: I am not a GF employee. I am offering the above as non-authoritative but hopefully-helpful advice. Your mileage may vary.

9 Likes

Seeing how you are mod on another Discourse, I’ll take that as authoritative my friend. Thanks! I appreciate your advice on a potential plan of action, ITTT. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yeah, I killed the Chrome automatic updates. (One at a time is definitely better.)
Thanks for the head’s up! :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

I get really rolling about 2am so I appreciate the heads up Rita!

1 Like

Not yet 3am and file uploads are broken for me. :neutral_face: trying to get one last print in before downtime.

1 Like

Wow they fixed a bug from back to the first week when it kept trying to load by first try that even erasing it did not fix.

1 Like