30 DoD Challenge - Day 11 -Marble Game

As discussed here, I’m doing a challenge of designing something new each day for 30 days (30 Days of Design Challenge )

Here is the design I made for day 11. It’s a marble game. This is another one that I have not cut yet. I’m back at work this week, and have less time to actually make things. I’ll update this post once I have one.

Inside shot:

The way the game works is the whoever is playing uses the 2 strings to guide the marble up the board. Once I cut it, I may have to make some adjustment to the hole placement.

30 Likes

That looks like fun!

1 Like

Very intriguing! Can’t wait to see it in operation.

1 Like

It’s a game? I think it looks like a groovy piece of art. Ha! I guess some of the best games are!

I admire your commitment to 30 DoD!! I love what you’ve been creating.

3 Likes

A human Maslow? Sounds cute! but I would think about a catch if the
marble get s loose and runs across the room :cat2:

4 Likes

That’s a great desk toy!

2 Likes

I ‘pinned’ a few of these years ago and still haven’t gotten to it. (I want to make a big one as a yard game.)

Love your desk top version. Regarding the “inside”… certainly easier to just cut the ‘channels’ out of one sheet… but I wonder about wasting material (it kills me when I have to)… couldn’t you just cut a few straight pieces and glue them in place, since it won’t be seen once assembled.

1 Like

Pretty cool.

I have something similar at home. Try it with a crossbar instead of a pocket for the ball–I bet it will be a lot more challenging.

3 Likes

This looks like a great table top activity! Could you make the front section removable, then you could change degrees of difficulty for different users…

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.