30 Days of Design Challenge

My wife gave me a challenge to designs something new every day for 30 days. Challenge accepted!

Here are the restritions I put on myself.

1. It does not have to be something original (i.e. I can go on Pinterest, and find something I like and try and recreated it).
  2. It needs to be designed, and rendered during the day. If I don’t have time to cut and assemble it, it still counts.
  3. I need to post the designs on the GF forum in the MOAG category. I will post them with the heading (30 DoD Challenge).
  4. If I did recreate something from the interwebs, I’ll make sure to post a picture of the inspiration (and a link if I have one).

Does anyone else want to join me in the challenge?

31 Likes

I wish I had time to join you. As it is, I am lucky to find enough time to play at all during the week. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Does a new avatar count? I have converted many of them to SVG for making pendents or boxes but cutting and cleaning, sanding, varnish , polishing etc. easily take more than a day each.

4 Likes

You are free to decide what counts as a design as you see fit.

4 Likes

I might not make it for 30 consecutive days, since I already have a couple of days of mostly driving coming up, but I’ll throw in my hat and see if I can stick with it otherwise!

5 Likes

Every day I post a new Avatar sometimes a couple colors of them but each day is different from all the days before.

2 Likes

This is one but a second run as the first had a few issues:

11 Likes

Looks great!

3 Likes

This has been underway for several days and still needs final polish and magnets…

22 Likes

Oh lord, that would be like PRU days! I think I’ll just watch and cheer you on…one a day is a bit much right now, i can’t even finish the ones I’ve got cooking. :grinning:

8 Likes

I love this. I am on vacation until everyone returns to school/work on the 2nd, but I might join in after that. It would actually tie into a new biz venture I’m working on.

3 Likes

I wish I had time for this challenge. But that would mean less than an hour or less on probably half the days. During the busiest time of year for an accountant at that…

2 Likes

I’m going to try to be in. Sometimes my work schedule precludes, but hopefully I can get ahead sometimes and catch up others. I feel like a month of boxes of some sort.

4 Likes

Is she trying to get you out of her hair? :laughing: just kidding! Cool challenge and can’t wait to see your next project.

7 Likes

Maybe there could be a “at least one design per week” challenge for those who can’t realistically do one per day. I’m kinda thinking I might do better at keeping up with that one!

12 Likes

That is what I was thinking, we can start a 52 week challenge with the same rules :slight_smile:

I can do one or more a week, but day 3 would be iffy

7 Likes

This is me, too. It’s going to be fun to see.

4 Likes

I’m thinking of it more like a giant brainstorm. Not every day will end up with something amazing and polished, but I can certainly do SOMETHING every day. When I have writer’s block, I just write crap and put it aside for later. I can usually take what I’ve done and turn it into something better. That’s how I’ll use the challenge. There are very few of us who can’t get a basic functional design done each day, even if it’s just a welded word on a stick.

7 Likes

It’s also something to get me out of my comfort zone. I’m trying to do things I’ve never done, like jewelry. I’m spending very little time figuring out what I want. I just look at pictures for a few minutes and quickly pick one. I’m hoping to do a few designs with different materials as well.

6 Likes

I’m excited to see what you come up with! It’s definitely a good opportunity for me to create some designs for simpler stuff that has been sitting on my shelf. And then maybe a couple of days I’ll do something more advanced. We’ll see how time plays out. I’m launching a new blog, YouTube channel, and Etsy site this month, so I just have a bit on my plate. But it’s creatively focused, so I think this fits in my biz plan.

4 Likes