30 DoD Challenge - Day 18 - Risk Board

As discussed here, I’m doing a challenge of designing something new each day for 30 days (30 Days of Design Challenge )

Here is the design I made for day 18. It’s a risk board.

My starting point was this risk board on Pixabay.
https://pixabay.com/vectors/board-of-risk-risk-game-of-risk-4308773/

35 Likes

Ahh, brings back happy memories of staying up half the night playing Risk with my brothers. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Risk got banned by my mom at my house when I was young. Every time we played, it ended with an argument of some sort.

8 Likes

Risk and Monopoly. We had games that would run for weeks. :sunglasses: :+1:

3 Likes

Super nice job on that!

5 Likes

Looks great! I admire the fact that you’re certainly not slacking off!!!

3 Likes

Love it. Inspirational and I can see myself making a risk board in my future.

2 Likes

Risk: the game that takes 5 hours to play, unless it’s on a computer… I use to play 3-8 games a day in probably half the time combined.

3 Likes

Risk is available on computer? Where? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yeah… me too, in college (early 90’s) - none of my friends were interested.

3 Likes

I found one back in the early 2000s for the Mac actually, it was online too so you could play others

Haven’t played in many years though

3 Likes

i can’t say “available now,” but back in the late early 90s i used to play a lot of Risk on BBSs. Risk and Scrabble. two games that are easy to play a turn at a time and have the next person play their turn whenever they’re ready. games would take weeks, but you’d just log in and play turns whenever you had time. and i’d have 5-6 games going at a time. all on a 1200bd modem.

4 Likes

Love Risk, and love what you’ve done with it.

3 Likes

That’s a shame. I’ve played online Monopoly before…Risk would be fun. (Probably don’t have time for it anymore anyway, but I did enjoy it way back when.)

3 Likes

I play on my android tablet, and my wife has it on her ipad.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll have to see if I can find it on the iPad. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hm, might be fun for Risk Legacy too. Instead of stickers and pen for changing the game as you play, just take a laser to it again! :smile:

1 Like

I have not tried Risk Legacy yet. I’ve done both Pandemic legacy games. They were fun!

I never played Risk, but love all maps!

1 Like

Always wanted to try Risk Legacy - will need to buy that. Finished Pandemic Legacy Season 1 and are into Season 2 (I think we’re in April) and love them.

I too spent many a cold winter day playing Risk with my friends / brother. I think a few fist fights broke out here and there.

Almost got divorced from my first wife over Monopoly. Gotta use the rules to your advantage… :smiley:

2 Likes