30 DoD Challenge - Day 2 - Rocket Lamp

As discussed here, I’m doing a challenge of designing something new each day for 30 days (30 Days of Design Challenge )

Here is the design I made for day 2. It’s a rocket lamp. I had a bit more time today, so I took on a bigger design. Don’t expect something this big each day!

This is render from Fusion 360:

This is it constructed (it’s hard to take good pictures):

I learned how to wire a lamp in order to complete this project.

This was my inspiration:

35 Likes

You’re on a roll!

2 Likes

Fantastic!

2 Likes

This is great! (An Edison bulb would be a perfect fit for that.)

3 Likes

I second that. It would provide interesting contrast - old style bulb with space-age theme.

3 Likes

I’ve been using the long ones in a couple of decorative fixtures. They are on 24x7, first one burned out after a couple of years. They stay cool and put out enough light that I never need to turn on the main light in the half-bath this one is in.

(forgive the bug infestation… )

12 Likes

very cool boot lamp. The solid bottom combined with the clear & patterned upper is a neat take on the cowboy boot lamp. The bulb choice is perfect since the boot is all about height and vertical size - another bulb would look wrong. Might get away with a 50 light strand of LEDs just mushed inside but the vertical edisonish bulb is the perfect choice.

2 Likes

That is cool! Did you make the boot?

2 Likes

Hobby Lobby. I just had to hack it to install a bulb mount.

Foot is that nasty ceramic-like material they make stuff from (difficult to work with) and the rest is stamped metal.

3 Likes

Nice job!

3 Likes