30 DoD Challenge - Day 29 - Tool Trays

As discussed here, I’m doing a challenge of designing something new each day for 30 days (30 Days of Design Challenge )

Here is the design I made for day 29. It’s something more practical this time. I use a lot of stains in my artwork, and they are all stored in a big bin, and it’s hard to access them properly. GF to the rescue!

The trays are stackable. I made some that are 2" tall and some that are 3" tall. They take about 3 minutes to assemble, since the only glue needed is on the bottom.

What’s also great is because they are utilitarian, I can use all the pieces of Baltic Birch I have that have “defects” in them.

32 Likes

Love the stacking design. I need a bunch of these, lol.

4 Likes

So it is over tomorrow. You stuck with it and we are all thankful. I like these especially well as a mostly practical cuts guy.

6 Likes

I’ve gotten all kinds of great ideas just watching…which was the point I guess! Great job on all of them! :grinning:

4 Likes

Jealous of your stain collection. Looks so useful as they fit perfectly.

2 Likes

Practical cuts and organized stains. Great.

2 Likes

I really like these - stackable and with handles!! :grin:

2 Likes

Please keep on going! I’ve been loving the inspiration! I haven’t posted every single thing I’ve made, but you’ve kept me motivated with your challenge. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My stain collection has been built up one can at a time. Each time I go to Home Depot for something, I buy a new color. Some of the cans are 2-3 years old, and are starting to get “funky” and not as bright as they used to be, but they still mostly work.

5 Likes

Yeah, these looks super handy, and I really like the design. I need something like these…hmmm…

2 Likes

Great trays! They work in so many different areas.

2 Likes

I love stackable organization!! A place with everything in it’s place is a place I like to be.

2 Likes