30 DoD Challenge - Day 8 - Fox Art

As discussed here, I’m doing a challenge of designing something new each day for 30 days (30 Days of Design Challenge )

Here is the design I made for day 8. It’s art that’s made up of 7 layers. This is just a render. I need to figure out what materials to use. Right now, I’m thinking I’m going to make it from poster board. I’ll need to paint the boards in different shades of grey.

I was inspired by this image on shutterstock:

Although I love the colors in that image, I wanted to make mine more wintery. It’s snowing today, and everything is black and white in back yard.

30 Likes

Awesome! I’d stick with a stiff smooth colored cardstock (like ColorMates 90lb). Should look fabulous! :sunglasses: :+1:

3 Likes

Matboard would give you a nice depth and you’d be able to get just about any color or texture you could want.

3 Likes

Beautiful! I wish I could send you some sunshine – it’s 70 degrees with a cloudless sky here. All this winter sunshine is going to take some getting used to!!!

4 Likes

That’s going to look really good!

1 Like

75 here and raining all week long, boo.

Love these stacked designs, especially the shadow boxes with light. It was one of the first things I wanted to do with my machine but have never gotten around to doing it. Guess designing it is where one would start, I’ll have to give it a go one of these days!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.