30 DoD Challenge - Day 9 - Animal Necklaces

As discussed here, I’m doing a challenge of designing something new each day for 30 days (30 Days of Design Challenge )

Here is the design I made for day 9. They are animal necklaces.

Only the top left one has the rope to hang it. There are many designs that look the same, but they are all slighly different. I was experimenting with adding eyes and noses.

I won’t say which animal is what, because different people see different animals.

I also think I made them slighly too big. Next time, I will make them smaller.

34 Likes

I forgot to put my inspiration. There are many animal necklaces similart to these on pinterest. Here are 2 that are on my feed.

2207b739b5ed5e55bdf4ef02f2e4ea05

6 Likes

Hmm, got side angle views? Maybe a 3/4?

3 Likes

Those are my favorites so far! Love the little foxes! :grinning:

3 Likes

How’s this?

19 Likes

8 Was your foxes layered design. Can you edit the title?

1 Like

Thanks, updated.

Insta-like. Those have such a nice feel to them…

3 Likes

Love the lion!

3 Likes

Great way to use scraps! love the critters.

3 Likes

Ooooo, I really like those! My fav so far.

2 Likes

All are outstanding! Really dig the foxes. I have a friend that needs one of those.

3 Likes

Neat! I really like the bear.

3 Likes

A half a lifetime ago I read the Clan of the Cavebear books. For all its deficiencies, they were good reads. I connected with my youth that was spent in the woods and along the creeks of mid-Missouri, so many hours exploring and feeling at home in nature as I rarely can experience now. I loved the totem imagery in the books.

These are worthy totems. Wondering if I should take a long vacation in Canada to do that again. I do think we would all do well with an animal totem. Help us understand our strengths and accept the weakness that always comes with them.

6 Likes

My first thought was that they were an interesting take on 3d engraving till I saw your 45 degree shot. A very interesting look.

2 Likes

Yes, I like it when I can use up some scraps.

3 Likes