3d Christmas ornament ( snowy cabin)

Nice. I like Boone. I’ve done a bit of motorcycle riding there. It’s actually what convinced me to pull up 300 year old roots and look to move.

We’re looking closer to Asheville (hospitals, care facilities, etc) so when we get to that point we know the services will be close by. But we have looked as far north as Burnsville (Mt Mitchell) and south to Murphy (mostly because of the Campbell school and they have a Possum Drop on New Years Eve…a place with a sense of humor).

The western side of NC is nice for the mountains and lacks the humidity of the central region (Raleigh down to Charlotte). Still have 4 seasons but winter isn’t 6 months long and 10 feet of snow deep :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice

1 Like

How long does this take to cut, and are you using a special type of wood?

Come visit us at Willis Observatory when Covid is cured
Bakersville, NC

We are five minutes from Penland.

1 Like

Visiting Penland School in that area is wonderful. I spent a summer there blowing glass, and for any crafty person it is a paradise, It still has the old farm houses, some built of logs, but the finest up to date equipment and many masters with markets all over the world living in the area.

2 Likes

So very generous of you. Thank you this is beautiful. Will make a lovely gift.

Thank you. I made one this afternoon. Personalized and then shifted the moon to the right side so I could add Santa and his sleigh to the background.

Next is seeing what mischief I can get up to by using different materials. Hmmmmm… Maybe a mirrored acrylic back panel?

16 Likes

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful! Can’t wait to make this one and put in on the tree!

1 Like

wow, very nice. Thank You!

That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Holly,
Thank you for this ornament! This is my first printing from the community and my grandson’s second Christmas. I made and personalized it for him and thanks to you and the glowforge community, I now have a new tradition to share with him. I am looking forward to the day I can create my own designs to share.

2 Likes

Caution: That is a very deep rabbit hole

1 Like

All of these are very nice, I think acrylic would look great. Maybe a translucent blue for the background, moon in mirrored, Dark green opaque for the midground tree line and a lime green for the foreground. That’s just an idea but I really love this ornament.

1 Like

Thanks for the share!!!

Fantastic share! Thanks so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wow! That’s crazy neat!! Can you give an estimate of how long it takes to cut and assemble this ornament?

Thank you so much for sharing! :slight_smile:

This is stunning, thank you so much for sharing!

Love this!! Thank you. Can I ask the brand of glue do you use?

Do you sell the commercial license for these designs?