3D Engrave Leather

You were so much prettier back then…

2 Likes

not to mention i had so much more hair sigh

4 Likes

Well, we don’t know what’s hiding under that cap of yours, but at least now we know it’s not hair…

2 Likes

Hi Jules,
Did Glowforge provide you with a power curve for the PRU laser. I was just curious since they announced a custom laser tube i wonder if it would have changed

I have access to it, but only since the update before last, and the PRUs are generally not tuned for it. Mine happens to work pretty well with it though, so I might have gotten lucky.

In general, I find that the settings they use are just a little bit light for this PRU, and I tend to do all cutting with a slightly slower manual speed. So I’m kind of using it, even though I’m not tuned for it…I just make a small Manual adjustment to the settings they list. I don’t have to refer to my cheat sheet very often.

(Hope that makes sense.) :grin:

1 Like

it does thanks

I suspect all of the PRUs differ in some aspect or another as they were testing various things. On mine, I’m finding that Proofgrade settings on Proofgrade material nails it just about every time. And I can’t remember the last time I had flashback.

5 Likes

Yeah, i had a slightly earlier iteration, and I know it was long before they started tuning them.

It’s one of the reasons I’m hesitant about sharing any settings I’ve compiled so far. It’s quite likely they are going to be too harsh for the Production units.

(No one’s fussed so far, so they must be kind of close to the PUs.)

3 Likes