3D Interlocking Shark & Whale

I thought I’d take a stab at creating some 3D puzzle animals using Slicer for Fusion 360. I’ve used slicer to create the stacked slices vase that is in the :glowforge: catalog, and an interlocking radial vase, but nothing too complicated. I created the whale first using the radial slices option and then modifying the tail.

For the shark, I used the interlocking slices option, which used 4 sheets of draftboard.

Keeping with an aquatic theme, I may try creating a sea turtle next!

81 Likes

The shark looks really cool!

4 Likes

Those are awesome!

2 Likes

Oh yeah, a turtle would be a great addition!

3 Likes

Impressive!

2 Likes

A turtle would be a very great turn. :grin:

3 Likes

Turned out great! Would love to see a turtle.

1 Like

That shark is excellent - I feel like the whale needs its mouth open too! Right now it looks tiny bit like a ham :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

The shark is really cool! A turtle would be awesome.

2 Likes

Love the shark!

1 Like

Love! though the faceless whale kind gives me the shivers. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

All very cool. I can’t wait for you to post the sea turtle!

1 Like

Those are really awesome, the shark turned out great!

May I ask what type of whale you were going for? The flatter front face and a lack of dorsal fin would lead me to believe sperm whale and not an orca or a humpback, so technically it works, but I think what may be feeling ‘off’ about it for some is that it has no nose and feels a little…squished, if I’m being honest. Maybe not even adding another slice, just extending that end point out a little.

Can’t wait to see the sea turtle, love sea turtles!

1 Like

It was a STL off thingiverse, so it wasn’t anything i was trying to design to look like a specific whale. Just a good starting point to learn how to use slicer.

5 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Well then, cheers to an excellent experiment!!

4 Likes

Those look great not to mention fun.

1 Like

Nicely done!

2 Likes

:flushed::+1:wow!

2 Likes

:exploding_head:

1 Like