3d wood clock files

any cool 3d wood clocks out there?

There are a lot of sites out there that have designs like you’re asking. Are you looking for a laser cut clock mechanism, or just a clock body that you would put a mechanism in?

If the former, there is a whole thread about the challenges of making a clock:

And beyond that a great deal of other clock projects:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=Clock

You can narrow that search by category if all you want is to download something to try, just use the advanced search options for free laser designs.

You might also look at makecnc.com, they have designs for everything under the sun.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah, I successfully made a mechanical clock on the :glowforge: , but I ended up using acrylic instead of wood.

I started out working on a wooden clock a year ago. Now I have a green-glass acrylic clock that is absolutely beautiful!

20 Likes

Wow, that is incredible! I love the icy effect of the green glass acrylic. How well does it keep time? Gorgeous piece of engineering.

2 Likes

Omigosh…this is stunning!Green glass is my all-time favorite anyway, so to see something like this is truly amazing.

4 Likes

It keeps time way more accurately than I expected it would. I originally designed it more as moving art.

I think if I enclosed the pendulum, so passing wind gusts (children) wouldn’t interfere with it, it would probably run better.

6 Likes

There are more photos and information about how I made it here:

3 Likes

I realized I never really answered this question:

I wind the clock every morning (very easy now that I added the counter-pull). Sometimes it is spot on. Sometimes is is a few minutes slow. Sometimes it is a few minutes fast. I am not sure what exactly is causing the variance at this point, but it is simple enough to adjust.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.