3M Novec Electronic Degreaser for new fan cleaning method

Yikes!! I think I will stick with manual cleaning.

1 Like

I have been SO dreading cleaning my exhaust fan. I thought it was going to be such a process and take forever to do. But I guess due to my setup in my house, I am one lucky gal! It took me 20 minutes total. I had ordered the 3m Novec degreaser a month ago so I had it ready to go. I took off the exhaust dryer hose (I vent out a window). I then lightly scrubbed the outside back part of the fan with a q-tip to knock loose what I could and sucked it out with a shop vac. Now, the best part is that I have my glowforge machine on a heavy duty metal rolling cart :grinning:
I just rolled it through the hallway, across the living room to the back sliding glass door. Conveniently, I actually have a big wooden table on my covered deck that I use to paint and stain projects. Husband and I lifted it through the dooor and sat it on the outside table. I already had my computer on and at the start fan page . I fired it up, opened the lid per the instructions on the screen and sprayed the exhaust fan as instructed with the 3M Novec degreaser. My fan was NASTY.

It only took maybe 5-10 seconds of spray to get the fan clean. ( It helps to have a flash light so you can see the fan and check it for cleanliness) You can run the fan sequence on the computer again if you need to spray the fan more. I was so impressed with how well the 3MNovec cleaned the exhaust fan. Prior to cleaning, the exhaust fan was beginnning to click now and then and sound different. Now there is no clicking and she purrs like a kitten. :wink: OH, and it is SO much quieter. I am so glad I have the option to get it outside easily. Whew. What a relief!

5 Likes