3rd Glowforge down in less than a year and a half

Even IF this is the case (damaged in transit), they NEED to do something to change it. Bad reputations and people NOT recommending Gowforge anymore (like myself), will cost them a LOT more than what they may “save” by using a cheaper carrier.

2 Likes

I bought my original machine in February of 2021 and received it in April of that year. It didn’t function properly out of the box- only marked on one side of the print area. The replacement of that machine worked for just over a year.

No they don’t, no it won’t. If you want to put money on that opinion, you’ll be up against $113.2 million that’s been bet the other way so far.

For a period of time although ultimately the pursuit of mere adequacy results in being eaten for lunch by the next hot shot startup. It can be a long time, past many employees’ time-'til-retirement (or cash out) horizon so it’s an effective strategy for many.

One member here received a “new” machine with the mirror installed upside down in the print head.

So much for QC.

1 Like

I mean, i can always point to my original run experience of 1st one not working, never booted up properly. 2nd got to the UPS depot and the driver sent it back cause “oh the one that sounds like broken glass? You don’t want that one.” The 3rd one turned around halfway cross country. 4th one still running today.

It is a fact that retail shipping is generally terrible. They don’t care about your package and the footprint crushed boxes prove it.

1 Like

There was a big hole in the box on the side of the most recently sent printer. No damage to the side, but perhaps points to it being tossed around somewhat.

Well it took them a week but they just shipped out a replacement of the replacement of the replacement of the replacement of my original machine.

Really hoped they might provide some better customer service considering how ridiculous my situation has been…but no.

I really hope this one works and I can look at getting a proper machine from a company that properly supports its products.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.