4" Tile (4.25in x 4.25in) Frame - Flat or Wall Mount

Welcome to the forum. You will discover many talented and helpful people here. I suggest you read lots of the posts and learn to use the search tool. Lots of others started off with little design experience and have shared their road to successful utilization of their Glowforge. I look forward to seeing your projects in the future.

1 Like

Where is the file?

Immediately above the first photo.

2 Likes

Is the file still available? I do not see a drop down option to download. I see the image, but not the option to do.

Right click on the file (in red) before the photos in the original post and save as SVG.

1 Like

Hey @alockbox you might want to edit your original post to have a link to the svg.

Easy way to link SVGs in forum posts

It might head off some of the questions from people who don’t know the right-click trick (and who apparently don’t read the entire thread :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

Still there. Works as it always has.

Shoot, I always forget about that!

Here’s the link to the SVG in the first post.

Now that I’ve DONE one, maybe I’ll remember next time!

It’s really pretty easy, but it is at least as easy to just skip it, no judgments :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is great! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I’m glad it’s been so useful. I’m actually working on more interesting designs, like incorporating the triangles right into the finger jointed corners, but I’m not completely happy with the look. I’d like to figure out how to engrave just deep enough that I can do a blind finger joint, invisible from the outside.

7 Likes

This community is amazing. There are so many great ideas shared freely in just this one thread. I was inspired and made my own (I’ve only had the GF for a couple weeks. This is the first thing I’ve finished.)

14 Likes

Welcome to our community! Nice first creation…we’ll look forward to seeing more from you.

Love the idea of a hiding place for notes!

1 Like

So lovely!

1 Like

I love this! Thanks for sharing it. Does anyone know where I can find a file like this But for a 6” tile?

You can make your own by using: https://www.festi.info/boxes.py/?language=en

This worked great in PG basswood plywood. The fit was so tight I probably didn’t need the glue but used some anyway. Thanks for the design!

7 Likes

Newbie here: When I measure the width of the box in Inkscape, I get something like 3.4in. How do I set Inkscape default to 96? Where in preferences? Thanks!