6.5 lbs of Acrylic - Lake Superior Map (follow up to Lake Erie Map)

8 layers total

6 layers of blue acrylic ( 3 different colors)

18.5 x 10.5 x just shy of ~2"

Maple front and back

Leather bookbinding hardware (Chicago Screws)

76 Likes

Wonderful! Are you going to do all the lakes? My closest is Lake Ontario :slight_smile:

Your technique with the acrylic looks so good on this one!

7 Likes

I am sure we will get to them all at some point! I think next for us will probably be another Superior or 3 (we have a craft show coming up that these will sell well at, along with Michigan, since we live right next to Lake Michigan)

The change we made with this one from the last one in regards to the acrylic: the number of colors we used. With Lake Erie- we only used one color. With Lake Superior - we used 3 different colors - 2 light, 2 middle, 2 dark. Make much more of a difference!!

11 Likes

Yes the depth really comes through, so great! I could see these flying at a craft show. I live in cottage country with so many lakes and there is so much lake themed art and crafts for sale but nothing on this level of excellence! They are really spectacular :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So this is only my third map…

You learn a lot of things in a short amount of time!

This is my first:

10 Likes

You’re a fast learner! This is beautiful but the latest has it all!

6 Likes

Impressive!

4 Likes

thank you!!

1 Like

Yep, that’s a superior lake map.

8 Likes

Very nice! how is it to be displayed, hung or staged?

5 Likes

It’s thick enough to stand on its own I’m going to send it with an oversized easel.

4 Likes

DANG! This looks awesome!

4 Likes

Thanks!

Really great job! Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

Absolutely!

This is truly awesome!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing the updates on different colors! This one is amazing!

4 Likes

I especially like the facts about the lake on your new one. Makes it interesting plus I learned about the lake too.

6 Likes

I really love these lake maps! I keep saying I need try one because they are just so beautiful. I am just looking for the right map (and the time to do it).

6 Likes

That looks great! I love all the detail you gave, not only in the depths of the water, but about the lake. Awesome job!

5 Likes