A 26 Point Moravian Star

This is a 6 inch, 26 point Moravian star made from 1/8" plywood. I wanted to post it prior to Christmas, but my Glowforge died, and I did not want to post the design until I actually made it and could verify that it worked as intended. In the center is a 7 inch length of 1/4" dowel with the top rounded over. The base was made on a 3D printer. I have also attached the STL file for those who have access to a 3D printer. Approximately 3/4" of the dowel fits into the top portion of the base.

EIGHT SIDED STAR
Tree Topper Holder Mk II (3).stl (34.8 KB)

62 Likes

Thank you for the share! Looks awesome!

11 Likes

Thank you. What fille format is that?

5 Likes

The Glowforge file is svg. The 3D printer file is stl.

6 Likes

What a gorgeous design share!

10 Likes

Very Snazz!

7 Likes

Looks great

6 Likes

Love it!

7 Likes

Very generous, thank you for sharing that!

8 Likes

Wow, thanks! You could also make it in mirror acrylic for extra sparkle.

11 Likes

Beautiful, thanks for the share!

8 Likes

I agree that mirrored acrylic might be the way to go. have ordered some mirrored acrylic and acrylic rods to try that.

2 Likes

Mirrored has an ugly backside.
Some of the marbled, translucent, or the gold & silver acrylic would probably make it pop though.

11 Likes

However, with 1/16" mirror back to back …
https://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Mirror-Ultra-Fabricate-Yoga-Studio-Gyms-Restaurants-Childrens-Resistant-Nominal/dp/B097RVGQWJ?th=1

8 Likes

Here is an updated version with more cutouts. I will post a photo when the glitter acrylic comes in.
EIGHT SIDED STAR

12 Likes

It is beautiful. Can’t wait to try it

5 Likes

+1 for adding a 3D printed stand. I’m am currently finalizing a 3D printed stand for a polyhedral, so we can be stand buddies! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: :+1:

8 Likes

That is so beautiful. Great job

4 Likes

I did not like the first batch of glitter acrylic I ordered, but here is the updated star made with Baltic birch and spray painted with metallic gold paint.

11 Likes

Ooh, pretty!

4 Likes