An 18 Point Moravian Star

As a follow-up to the 26 point Moravian Star (A 26 Point Moravian Star), here is an 18 point Moravian Star. I have made this from 1/8" green glass acrylic. I am still waiting for glitter acrylic to arrive. The top, bottom, and four of the side points are 10". The remaining points are 5.75".

18 point Moravian star

Edit - attached is the STL 3D printer file for the stand/tree top holder.
Tree Topper Holder Mk IV (5).stl (44.1 KB)

41 Likes

Thanks so much.

7 Likes

Beautiful! I bet it will look amazing in glitter acrylic!

10 Likes

Just stunning! And this piece would likely discourage the cat from messing with the tree. Thanks!

10 Likes

Just lovely!

6 Likes

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

5 Likes

So pretty! As much as I love these, I know I wouldn’t use it, as I still use a paper angel our oldest daughter (who is now 45) made when she was in the 2nd grade. One tradition I just can’t bring myself to break. :slight_smile: But I do love these stars!

6 Likes

The 3D printed mount that I put in the link in the first post of this thread can also serve as a table-top or mantle stand for the star.

4 Likes

This is just beautiful. It would be gorgeous edgelit!

3 Likes

True! I don’t have a 3D printer, but am sure I can find something else that would work. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here is the star in silver glitter acrylic:

5 Likes

Here is a smaller version. The long points are 6" and the short points are 3". The example is made with Baltic birch spray painted gold with gold glitter glued on.

Small 18 point Moravian Star

4 Likes

I like the silver one best.

2 Likes

I do, too, but my wife likes the gold one best.

1 Like

Thank you! Very kind of you to share! I like the idea of making one for a table display.

2 Likes

I super glued the small version of the Moravian star to a thin, stiff metal rod and used it above the stable in our Nativity set.

3 Likes