A box for a Multimeter (aka why I love my laser)

That box is stylin’!

Congrats on the lamp score.

I occasionally think about trying to put light panels on ceiling-mounted arms to get light stands off the floor.

I am using that with the latest version of Inkscape (on Mac), as recently as this past weekend.

12 Likes

We have the oblong one just like that that we moved out to the wood cutting shed!

9 Likes

Huh, I’ll have to work on it again. I like the options in Tabbed Box Maker. I have PC but I’m thinking I must have been doing something wrong.

7 Likes

Here is a photo of it all tucked up against the ceiling. You may recognized something else in this photo. :smiley:

19 Likes

Love it!!

9 Likes

Besides your glowforge?

10 Likes

when i moved into this house, my (not particularly nicely) finished cape cod attic had a double fluorescent tube light fixture (36" tubes) on one end, which is where my office is now. and i put two wonderful daylight tubes in it, which is wonderful for working. and between that, two skylights, a ring light, and a window, i can get it pretty bright in here.

but sometimes you just need a very direct task light for detail work. and that medical light is killer.

11 Likes

No, just the Glowforge.

10 Likes

Beautiful box—— amazing workshop!!!

7 Likes

Honor your tools, and they will honor you. That’s a stylin’ box; I bet that multimeter is pleased!

That LIGHT! [Put a remote controlled motor on it then film it moving around on its own. Give it a good name.]

11 Likes

Overheard in the silence - Is That One Of My Good Towels?

10 Likes

Love the box, and really like that you engraved it. Makes it perfect.

The lighter the better! The light is an awesome addition to your shop.

7 Likes

Lecter would use it as a dining room chandelier, that would be creepy (but awesome :slightly_smiling_face:) not so much in a workshop. The box is very nice, but got seriously upstaged by the light.

7 Likes

Love it! I did double check with my wife, “are you sure I can use this in the shop?”

8 Likes

Great work

5 Likes

Love your setup + light😎
I asked (pretty please) my wife to make me a dust cover for my GF. Keeps it clean and dust free ( from the wood shop) that is…
Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

I need a similar box for my wood burner. Off to box maker sites as I too need a compartment

3 Likes

I did make one. I actually learned how to use a sewing machine in the process. :slight_smile:

It’s right here doing not a bit of good. :smiley:

The post below helped me greatly.

5 Likes

Love it! That’d be me :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Now that you say that, I can’t unsee it. lol

4 Likes