A few more polyhedra & now I'm done!

The ditrigonal icosidodecahedron (star/vase) did me in & now I’m over these for the time being. The sanding of the veneer on that one looks good in person but not in the photos. In person it looks naturally worn and nicely rustic.
My personal favorite is the Icosidodecahedron. (walnut flowers, maple triangles) It was also the easiest to complete.

Here are a few construction photos on the vase/star one.

43 Likes

Thats pretty awesome. Are the patterns available online?

1 Like

:astonished: It breaks my mind even trying to think about the geometry of these :crazy_face:
Oh to have a time maching to hand one to Aristotle…

2 Likes

The rhomb… is here Rhombicosidodecahedron files

The others follow the same design principles. If I get time this week I’ll try to put the star one together into useful files and post them here. Happy to share, just short of energy at the moment.

9 Likes

They all came out awesome.

I laughed when I read that.
I have been there.

Easy to get involved. Something comes out pretty well, but you see room for improvement, an easier method, or further gain.
So you make another, then see even more you can do…
And before you recognize the rabbit hole you fell into, there are 8 or more on your workbench.

Self starting is easy.
Self stopping is another thing.

7 Likes

That star vase is truly unique. Nice work on all of these.

3 Likes

Me too. I have the connectors for a couple new polyhedrals, but I’m taking a break and starting to work on a Valentine’s day project.

Here is my family portrait.

22 Likes

Nutbar!

I have that one on my list of ones I wanted to try making! :wink:

I am not done with polyhedra yet…I have a couple more sets of shapes / connectors ready to go, and sat at work today designing them in my head.

This is what happens when I find a New Thing. It takes over my life until I finally get sick of it and/or find a newer New Thing. Lucky for me, my husband thinks it’s adorable and doesn’t care that I get all engrossed and completely forget to help with the housework. :wink:

5 Likes

Yep, still trying to figure out if I am more impressed by your productivity or your creativity. Amazing. Cool beans.

5 Likes

You do beautiful work.

2 Likes

I have a REALLY hard time looking at these and not swearing about how good they look :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

My favorite matches yours … These are just sooooo cool!

1 Like