A file 6 months in the making - Large Barn

Old Files Sunday.

Back Story: In early December I asked in the FB group for someone to help me out and print a file I was working on. (I had no material and wasn’t financially able to get any at the time.) 1 person responded and we worked together for over a month to iron out the file. And she gets the file and exclusive rights to a commercial license.

Then life happened…

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I got back into the file and finished it. Today I finally had a chance to glue it all up. This is my very first painted piece. Mistakes were made and boards were wasted. LOL Sorry for the crappy photos. I am apparently one of those people who doesn’t own a white sheet and it was too big to fit into my lightbox. LOL

Barn is 19" L x 13.5" H x 10.5"W. The base is an entire sheet of board. Has horses, cows, pigs, and chickens, as well as, fences. I will be finishing the directions and it will be in my shop this week. This is completely 1/8" MDF.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

117 Likes

This is a really fine barn!

5 Likes

Thanks! Was kinda fun when I got back into it.

3 Likes

Beautiful design and completed project. First class!

3 Likes

Thank you! It was actually a lot of fun. Brought the kid out in me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s one awesome barn!

4 Likes

You really blew the barn door off this one!

6 Likes

This is freaking awesome, thank you for showing this.

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Haha, thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you!!! It was a long time coming. Just got around to gluing it together.

1 Like

Perhaps you can name it Barn-y It looks kinda cool actually :grin:

4 Likes

Haha! That is a good name!

2 Likes

Worth the wait! It’s fantastic!

3 Likes

So excited about this one. Very nicely done.

4 Likes

Oh my god! , this is really cool!
Loved it! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh that is so cute! As is all the miniature stuff you design. Can’t wait to see the whole menagerie.

4 Likes

It is a GORGEOUS barn! I love it!!

With a 6 and almost 3 year old grandchildren … I will be watching for this to hit your shop!

8 Likes

Us too. My daughter & I saw this yesterday & she is so excited for it!

5 Likes

Wow, really cool and I was surprised that it brought back a memory of a similar barn that my Dad made for us as kids.

5 Likes