A flipped image that engraves lighter than the original...any ideas?

Ok, I’m going to upload the two images for support to see if they can identify exactly what’s going wrong here. I had a dagger image that I flipped outside of the glow forge app. If I engrave them both, one of them engraves much lighter, even though the images look the same to me. Hoping that support can sort out what different between the two images.

1 Like

What’s your process here?

In 2 different areas of your material? Flipping material over? What material? Is it completely flat across the entire area (I engrave a lot of cotton bags - the smallest little ripples can change the darkness of the engraving)?

1 Like

What design program did you flip it in? I assume it’s on the same material with the same default settings.

1 Like

Same material. I can’t remember if I used photos, paint, or gimp :confused:

Two pieces of proof grade acrylic. same thing happened multiple times, independent of order or position, and after cleaning the lenses.

1 Like

Do they look the same to you? They look different to me. It looks like the image got re-interpolated by the image processing software. Did the resolution change?

You know, if it is the interpolation as Mark suggests, you could probably darken both of those using the technique Dan suggested for us a while back…it’s a great little trick to darken up images with the High Pass Filter. (Photoshop)

1 Like

I would suspect something like markwal suggested and something occurred during the save of the flipped image. If that’s the case it might be worth combining the images into one file. As in open one sword>copy>paste>flip and save as one image. If that works and they both come out the same, it was a file issue.

3 Likes

Good idea.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this. I’m sorry your print didn’t turn out as expected.

I’ll look into this. Please let me know if @kittski’s suggestion works.

Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread. I hope that’s because everything worked out! I’m going to close this thread, and the team will continue looking into what happened.

If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.