A fun description

This was from back in April, when Dan was asked how he described the Glowforge to people. I had saved it with myriads of other stuff and just thought it would be fun to bring this up again.

40 Likes

Such a good way to explain it! But oh the humanity!! Papyrus font? my eyes!! :wink:

16 Likes

Hilarious font humor. Chuckled outloud. Iā€™ve been into computer graphics since the late 1980s. There have been many papyrii (thatā€™s the plural of papyrus I believe) font.:yum::wink:

9 Likes

I take it you dislike Papyrus font?

3 Likes

I happen to like it, but if itā€™s offensive to those who have been doing this longer than I, I would be happy to change it. :wink:

2 Likes

I canā€™t speak for Jeremy, but being in the graphic arts field for about 30 years now, ā€œfont humorā€ is a real thingšŸ¤“
No offense intendedšŸ˜‰

5 Likes

Naw.ā€¦it makes a nice change once in a while. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank goodness it wasnt comic sansā€¦lmao

9 Likes

Well, that might have been my next moveā€¦:smile:

9 Likes

So why does everyone hate Comic Sans? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Its just over usedā€¦

2 Likes

I like it. I like it at work especially because there seems to be a taboo.

8 Likes

Iā€™m probably guilty of over-use as well - it gets used on many of the company flyers for various fishing and shooting events. :smile:

4 Likes

Always reminds me of this.

25 Likes

Might want to proof the last name :slight_smile:

4 Likes

But we are a lemonade stand. ROFL! :wink:

6 Likes

Well, Iā€™ve certainly learned MY lesson, here. Donā€™t mess with fontsā€¦just KISS, right? :neutral_face:

5 Likes

I like papyrus. I used it for the headers in my cookbook. But it definitely is one of those secret handshake things for graphic artists. Meaning, if you use it, you arenā€™t a graphic artist. I think it is the typographical equavalent of ā€œit was a dark and stormy nightā€. It is too bad that we have these code things hanging around designing with computers. Some things are accepted as ā€œtellsā€ that you supposedly arenā€™t a professional. So real carpenters donā€™t use Kregg jigged and screwed butt joints. And if you really are an audiophile, you have vacuum tubes (valves for those folks on the other side of the pond) and vinyl records.

And no matter what my nieces and nephews say to me, Iā€™ll wear socks with my sandals!

I think about this a lot. Wait till you see my next tutorial. I wonder what folks will say about my font choice!

I think you get a pass, @Xabbess. Itā€™s a beautiful sentiment!

16 Likes

Haha, no need to redo it!! :slight_smile: I actually donā€™t mind it for quotesā€¦ (well if its for something thats old)

Didnā€™t mean to throw you under the bus. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes
10 Likes